Tuesday 18 June 2013

Spicy stocks and Sweet Williams


There are some flowers whose scent is more foodie than floral. Chocolate cosmos, obviously. The clove-like, spicy scent of stocks is mouth-watering, too. British summer flowers are available everywhere now, and each week I see more types of flowers appearing in buckets to buy. Stocks and Sweet Williams are brilliant British flowers, both for their scent and their vivid colours. I love the dramatic boldness of these crimson and white flowers. I want to do this jug again with more stocks in pink or white.

I took these photos, and moved the jug to different locations to see what effect the background and the light would have. I'm really enjoying learning about photography and seeing the difference that the aperture, ISO and shutter speed makes to an image.




No comments:

Post a Comment