Saturday 13 September 2014

British flowers from Plantpassion

I've mentioned Claire from Plantpassion before - she was one of the hardworking flower growers at the Flowers from the Farm stand at Hampton Court Flower Show this year, showcasing some of the best British flowers of the summer. I visited her flower farm in spring, but it was raining by the time I thought to take photos of her field, and I had to leave when the kind florist who was giving me a lift to the train station was leaving!

Claire's been on a photography course with Emma Davies, and she sent me a lovely photo of her field now. It's looking wonderful!


Of course when I went in spring it was full of different flowers - tulips in all sorts of colours, cerinthe, early cornflowers, and loads of apple mint. I did take photos in the polytunnel, and I was amazed by all of the dahlia pots (there were many more than the ones in this photo)...looking at the recent photo of the field, I can see Claire's hard work has paid off!


There were ranunculus, more cornflowers, and anemones.



And giant ammi.


There were also plenty of seedlings - chrysanthemums, gladioli, and more.




And lots of herbs.


If you live in Surrey, Claire's farm is well worth a visit, especially if you are a florist or you are planning to do flowers for an event. You'll find gorgeous flowers that you might not find elsewhere, and a grower with more than twenty years' experience in horticulture. Claire is ever so friendly too, which is a bonus! She will be holding an open afternoon on Sunday 21 September, so you can see the flowers in the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment