Monday 30 June 2014

Abandoned bouquets

Here are some photos of the abandoned bouquets from Sunday's Lonely Bouquet Day. I've no idea if they've been adopted or not; I hope they have.

Firstly, I left this posy outside All Saints Church on Blackheath Common. I've never been inside, but it's a pretty church that makes the landscape even prettier. Random Orwell fact: George Orwell and his first wife, Eileen O' Shaughnessy, used to go horseriding on Blackheath Common before they got married.


I left this one beside the Cutty Sark. I visited the Cutty Sark several times as a schoolkid, and drew a huge picture of it which hung on the wall at school until it got tatty. I love the architecture of the Old Naval College and the views of the Thames from Greenwich - no wonder the town is jam-packed with people every day.



I went to the shopping centre in Bromley, which was called The Glades when I worked at Boots as a Sunday girl (when the shops first opened on Sundays in 1995) but changed its name to Intu Bromley a year or two ago. It was early and the shops hadn't opened, so I left it on a bench outside Coast. I'm hoping a fellow Sunday girl or boy found it on their way to work!


Lastly, I left one at Grove Station again. I did leave it next to the lavender, but it was too sunny, so I moved it close to the bridge. There were too many people on their way to the end of the platform, so I didn't take a photo of it in its final abandoned place, but here's one of the posy. I hope you all had a happy Lonely Bouquet Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment