Thursday 31 May 2012

Otherwise engaged

I haven’t updated my blog for ages as I’ve been busy with floristry work and studies. Ok, there’s another reason too – I got engaged on Easter Sunday, which was the day after I wrote my last post! It’s been a wonderful whirlwind the last couple of months. So far, we’ve booked the ceremony and afternoon reception, the photographer, and have meetings booked with the dress designer and the cake maker. I love the planning process and researching for ideas for decorations, music, readings. I don’t need to tell you that I’d decided on the flowers before the dress – the scents and flower meanings are just as important to us as the colours and types of flowers. And I also probably don’t need to tell you that David Austin roses are going to feature heavily.

Expect a lot of wedding-related posts over the next year!

Here is a photo of one of the giant eggs that featured in the Faberge Big Egg Hunt in London over Easter – I found this at Canary Wharf just moments after my boyfriend phoned me to say he had been offered a job in London (we’ve been doing the long distance thing ever since we met). It was the week before we got engaged. The egg is called ‘Love’ by Louise Dear…it felt like a pretty cool coincidence.