Sunday 1 January 2012

On the eighth day of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me: eight maids-a-milking.


I mentioned early in December that I was given a milk bottle set for Christmas from a lovely fellow-student who works at Vive La Rose, which means I now have two sets and eight mini milk bottles. So I took great pleasure in going to Jane Packer, on a quiet, rainy morning, to buy a few flowers to fill the bottles for New Year's Day, the eighth day of Christmas. I saw the lady who ran the hand-tied course I did at the flower school there back in the spring, and she seemed pleased that I was pursuing a course in floristry and trying to create my own designs! As ever, I enjoyed stepping into the shop and looking through the carefully selected flowers, which are beautifully arranged by colour. I picked a stem of silver brunia, two lilac Boyfriend (aka Ocean Song) roses, one creamy-white Majolica spray rose, and two white parrot tulips. And here they are: eight milk bottles. Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment