Tuesday 19 June 2018

British Flowers Week 2018: Not quite orange blossom


Today's post is about philadelpus, also known as mock orange because it has an incredible scent like orange blossom. It grows tall and it looks beautiful against a clear blue sky. It also looks gorgeous massed together in an arrangement.


It looks beautiful on its own or mixed with a couple of other colours. In the picture below it's with physocarpus.


Close up:


Here it is with delicate nigella (which I no longer have this year after a fox or two jumped all over them...I was not impressed!):


I wanted to use a Snapple bottle because of the Clueless line: "I gave him my lemon Snapple and I took his sucky Italian roast." The character Cher uses her unwanted thermos of coffee to try to set up two teachers on a coffee date.



This was for British Flowers Week a few years ago - with white alliums, jasmine, and ammi. The beautiful jar is orange blossom honey from Tiptree. And the lovely scent of mock orange and jasmine overpowers the not-so-nice scent of alliums!



No comments:

Post a Comment