Tuesday 30 June 2015

Lonely Bouquet Day 2015


The last Sunday in June is Lonely Bouquet Day, when we are encouraged to make posies of flowers from our gardens (or a kind neighbour's) and leave them in a recycled container for a stranger to enjoy.

I had left this posy at a train station during British Flowers Week.


But on Lonely Bouquet Day, I was looking after my disabled sister, and while I had buckets of flowers cut and ready for us to make posies together, she really wasn't in the mood. 


So when she suddenly decided she wanted to go out, I hastily made this one and she left it by the cut flower plot at Hall Place.



I have since seen that it was adopted!

Then the rain poured down, and in the afternoon, during a brief dry hour, I made and left a few more - by the allotments near Sundridge Park, and on the bench overlooking the Desmond Tutu Peace Gardens in Chinbrook Meadows, which were designed by Chris Beardshaw (and which were the site of my first abandoned bouquet a few years ago).




Unfortunately the rush meant no fancy photos; just hasty phone ones!



1 comment:

  1. They are all beautiful. You've made some very lucky people VERY happy!

    ReplyDelete